Are you a poet looking for financial aid to pursue your passion? You're in luck! There are many scholarships and discounts available for poetry writers. Here are seven options to consider, along with some tips for finding additional funding sources. The first option is to apply for a scholarship on your application form. Many scholarships are available for poetry writers, providing a source of money for tuition that you don't have to pay back.
The second option is to look into the Grants & Awards section of Poets & Writers magazine. Here you can find information about all the creative writing competitions, including poetry contests, short story contests, essay contests, prizes for novels, scholarships for translators and more. The third option is to use the Small Presses database to search for potential publishers, including submission guidelines, advice from publishers, contact information and more. This is a great way to get your work published.
The fourth option is to investigate more than one hundred agents who represent poets, fiction writers and creative non-fiction writers. You can find details about the types of books they are interested in representing, their clients and the best way to contact them. The fifth option is to stay informed with reports from the world of writing competitions. This includes news about extended deadlines, recent winners of major prizes, announcements of new contests, interviews with the winners and more.
The sixth option is to find a place for your work by consulting the searchable databases of writing contests, literary magazines, small publishers, literary agents and more. The seventh option is to get the word out by publishing your events in the calendar of literary events, requesting to be included in the directory of writers and much more.
Tips for Finding Additional Funding SourcesIf you're looking for additional funding sources, here are some tips that can help you out:
- Look into master's program databases for information on more than two hundred high and low residency creative writing programs.
- Check out Conferences & Residencies for information on more than three hundred writing conferences, writers' residencies and literary festivals around the world.
- Explore independent bookstores, libraries and other places of interest for writers.
- Consult our searchable databases of master's programs and writers' retreats.
- Stay informed with reports from the world of writing competitions.
Additional ResourcesIn addition to scholarships and discounts, there are many other resources available for poetry writers:
- Find readings and events by authors near you with our free app.
- Read essays, articles, interviews and profiles from Poets & Writers magazine.
- Explore historic sites, independent bookstores, literary archives and writing centers.
- Search for jobs in education, publishing and the arts.
- Purchase print or digital editions of Poets & Writers magazine.
ConclusionThere are many scholarships and discounts available for poetry writers. From applying for a scholarship on your application form to staying informed with reports from the world of writing competitions, there are plenty of options available.
Additionally, there are many other resources available such as readings and events by authors near you with our free app or reading essays, articles, interviews and profiles from Poets & Writers magazine. So don't wait any longer - start exploring these options today!.